Oh, my! Is it Friday already? This has been a fantastic week! Yes, I was a little sick, but I’m over it. Who has time for that? Since my Father-in-law is in town for the weekend, I decided to take the day off from work. It was definitely worth it! Time spent with family is the most rewarding thing. Did I mention that I have car fever again? It happens every year. It’s part of being the wife of a car-buyer. There is so much temptation! Did I mention that I’m still mad at my husband for selling my beloved red Mercedes SL500? Yes, it’s a sore subject. I’m just not a four-door-car girl. I’ve tried it and my heart is not in it. However, as of today, I am in love with a Bentley! Would it be irresponsible to double the payment that I have now? Not to mention insurance and taxes… Yes, it would definitely be irresponsible. So, for now, I will drive it in my dreams…..
Here are my FFF highlights from this week…
1. A Sweatpants Movie Night. This was the best! Last Saturday was so chilly. It was the perfect night for cozy sweats and a horror movie. We feasted on pizza, sweets, and popcorn. It’s not truly a sweatpants and movie night unless you have a homemade cookie to prove it. My friend makes the best sweets EVER! Incidentally, this was the sugar that was mentioned in this post. But, life is good. No regrets!
2. A New Coffee Flavor. We have a new P.E. teacher at our school. She is truly one of the most thoughtful, enthusiastic people, ever! She knows that I love all things pumpkin-spice related. One morning, she surprised me with this coffee for my Keurig. Oh, my goodness! After trying this coffee, life will never be the same. I wonder if I could have a truck-load of this delivered to my house….. Thank you, Mary!
3. A New Niece. I have a soft spot for all things with fur. For years, my sister, my nieces, and nephew have begged for a cat. A couple of weeks ago, this sweet ball of grey fur wondered into their life. During a trip to the vet, they discovered that Francis the cat had FIV (the cat version of HIV). They were going to put her to sleep to save her from suffering. HEARTBREAKING! During research, we discovered that cats with FIV can live for up to fifteen years. We rejoiced. Frances was saved and my sister and her family have the best cat in the world. Frances is loved!
4. Mountain Apples and a Gift from Mom. It seems as if my parents have been on an eternal camping trip to the mountains. Finally, they are home! As always, my mom brought Ashton and I a surprise. Not only did she bring fresh mountain apples ( I see a homemade pie in our future), she found this fantastic crystal dish from an antique store. It’s a treasure for Smokey’s Bar. You see, a visit to Smokey’s Bar is an elegant occasion. Only crystal, gold-rimmed glasses, and family heirloom silver for us! We actually use our treasures, because life is short.
5. Time with my Father-in-Law. This is always a fun time. When you visit with your in-laws, you really learn about your spouse! Today, we visited Duplin Winery for lunch at the bistro and wine tasting. I didn’t miss being at school at all! Do I feel guilty for saying that?Ummmm, NO! Check out the yummy grilled shrimp salad. For a few hours, I was in Heaven. What is better than wine and shrimp?
I learned this week to embrace friends and family because life is too short. Sample the good things; be it wine, fried pickles, or beautiful cookies. Take care of yourself to avoid sickness. Love furbabies. Love life!
Happy weekend, ‘yall!