It’s taken a while to write this review. In truth, I wanted to make sure I loved the e.l.f. products before I gave them a glowing review. I wasn’t sure if my skin would accept a new makeup line as my skin is sometimes sensitive. I only endorse products I love, so when I became an e.l.f affiliate, I felt I needed to try this line of makeup. So, I went online and ordered the beauty bundle. Already, I was smitten by the prices. Surely I couldn’t order a whole box of makeup for 19.99! I’d spent four times that on eye cream, alone. It was a no-brainer. I made my first purchase!
When the box came, I was immediately impressed with the packaging. Who wouldn’t love to receive a beautiful box in the mail, full of fantastical surprises?
Immediately, I pulled the contents from the box and excitedly examined them. It felt like Christmas in June!
And, the fun began. Truth be known, I was in a makeup rut. I applied the same makeup, the same way, every day. I needed this! First, I noticed that the makeup was packaged in a very appealing manner. The packaging looked amazingly high-end!
I decided to experiment with a natural makeup look. This, after all, was on my summer bucket list. This was a challenge for me! I used my own foundation, as I had just purchased a new bottle. Surely, next time, I will try one of the e.l.f. foundations. I did purchase a brush set from e.l.f. Using brushes to apply makeup just feels “artsy”!
Here are the products that were included in e.l.f.’s Pre-Summer Survival Kit…
1. The 28-Piece Beach Beauty Palette- When I opened the palette and first saw the colors, my inner seventh grader rejoiced! Besides the neutrals I knew I’d love, there were colors. And, absolutely, I experimented with them! Who says that you can’t wear purple when you are forty-something? I found that the colors went on so smoothly. I liked them just as well as the department store brands I had bought in the past. Not only did the palette contain eyeshadow, bronzer,and different blushes; lip glosses were included, too. I have taken this palette on several trips. It eliminates many of the products I used to pack. The regular price is a whole $6.00. Wow!
2. Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara – I have always been a long-time fan of the mascara in the pink tube. Move over, Covergirl, I have a new lash love! My lashes didn’t clump together and they didn’t look like spider legs. I loved that the handle was extra long because it seemed to make my hand more steady. Even though the mascara was waterproof, it easily washed off in the shower with my regular facial cleanser. It’s my new favorite at the bargain price of $3.00!
3. Baked Highlighter- This was my first experience with highlighter. Honestly, I had to Google how to apply it. After one use, I was hooked! It illuminated my cheekbones. When I applied it down the center of my nose, my nose appeared straighter. I also applied it to my jaw-line and brow bones. I learned that I had use a light hand when applying the highlighter. Also, I quickly learned not to use it anywhere near my wrinkles! Now that I have the application process figured out, I use it every single day. The price is $3.00.
4. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen– Most people are afraid of eyeliner pens. To me, they create a much neater line, particularly for my upper lids. With practice, applying eyeliner, using the pens, is super easy. I tested this eyeliner on my trip to Florida. Despite my husband constantly splashing me in the pool, the eyeliner stayed in place. That’s no small job for an eyeliner pen! It’s an incredible bargain at $2.00.
5. Mineral Moisturizing Lip Tint– The color, Guava, is fantastic for the less-makeup look I’ve been experimenting with lately. It did feel very moisturizing on my lips and didn’t get thick or slimy. To my surprise, it had a very pleasant flavor. Better for smooching with the husband! This lip tint, as you can tell from the picture, has had heavy usage this summer. At $3.00, I will be buying many different colors!
6. High Definition Powder- Wow! I love this product! It reflected the light, causing my fine lines and imperfections to nearly disappear. Who wouldn’t want that? One of my complaints with my regular face powder is that it always left my skin looking dry. Also, the old powder seemed to settle in my lines. Buy using this product, my dry face problems have been solved! This high definition powder creates a dewy effect. At $6.00, I am sold on this fantastic HD powder!
. Makeup Mist & Set- To begin with, I didn’t think that this would be something that I would normally purchase. However, I found that this is something I now carry in my purse everyday. This mist promises to keep your makeup in place all day; hairspray for your face, if you will. I love using the mist to refresh my makeup. In the hot humidity of the South, it really makes my skin feel fresh! Also, I recently used it when traveling in the air. It really helped ease the feel of dry skin associated with flying. I liked that it contains the antioxidant, green tea. This mist is a deal at $3.00
8. SPF 45 Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection– This powder was tinted so that you could wear it alone or over makeup. With the skin damage I’ve had in the past, this is a no-brianer. Of course, I want extra protection for my face! This powder went on very nicely. It wasn’t thick or chalky-feeling. It was very nice over my regular sunscreen facial lotion. You can never have too much protection from the sun! Especially at the bargain price of $6.00.
Subscriptions are so popular at the moment. Of the subscriptions I have tried, this was, without any doubt, the best value. I received $32.00 worth of products, plus a makeup case, for only $19.99. There wasn’t anything in this bundle that I wouldn’t purchase over and over again. Because the makeup was so inexpensive, I had serious doubts about the quality. Although all of this makeup was inexpensive, it wasn’t at all cheap! Target does sell a limited supply of e.l.f. However, the very best deals can be found online. I am proud to be an e.l.f. affiliate! Please check out the e.l.f. link on my blog. I am able to offer the best coupons and special deals. I wasn’t compensated for this bundle and all opinions are purely my own. E.l.f. has a customer for life!