I can’t believe that it’s Friday already! Today was my first official day of summer break. Apparently, body didn’t get the memo that I was on vacation, and I woke at 5:00 this morning. Since I was able to see the sunrise this morning, I am guessing that I can cross that off of my summer bucket list. If you missed reading my bucket list, you can read it here. Since I had the opportunity to get an early start on my day, I began cleaning and organizing. This will be an ongoing project throughout the summer. Every cabinet and drawer must be cleaned out. There’s just not enough time to keep up with it during the school year. Thank goodness for summer break! I also have a new sponsor you must check out. Her name is Sheila from Model Savings. She is the ultimate fashionista and she shows you how to look stylish while saving money. Who wouldn’t love that?
This week, I linked up with Natasha from Hello!Happiness to bring you my Friday Five…..
1. The most perfect wine glass. One of my parents gave this glass to me as an end of the school-year thank you gift. It is not the most perfect glass ever? If you know me, you know that I love wine. People constantly amaze me with their generosity. Of course, this parent has the sweetest kids ever. Sweet kids are enough of a gift in itself!
2. Things are happening at the pool! Finally, our pool dried out enough this week, enabling the workers to put the sides and steps up. It’s looking a little more like a pool now! I can just imagine myself sipping wine while lounging on those steps. I’m starting to feel excited….
3. Schools out for summer! Finally, us teachers get to rest. For two months, there will be no disciplining and fussing, no lesson plans, and most importantly, no stress! Bye-bye, art trailer!
4. Fresh vegetables from the garden. You heard me correctly, I grew a squash and a zucchini. Our garden is producing very slowly. But, who am I to complain? I am the person that kills all plants. I ate the squash and the zucchini for lunch. I’m glad I took a picture. Otherwise, there would be no evidence!
5. Time. It’s such an awesome thing to be out of school. I actually have time to catch up on projects around the house and I have time to prepare delicious, healthy meals and snacks. I will not have to touch another bag of burnt popcorn until school starts again!
What were some highlights of your week? I’d love to read your comments!