It’s my favorite time of the week!
I love looking back on the week and focusing on all of the good things. You can find my past Favorite Five Fridays here and here. I needed to focus on the good things this week, because it’s been very trying on my nerves. I am not, by any means, a public speaker. I do not like to stand in front of huge crowds of people. Just to make it clear, I’d rather have all of my fingernails yanked off than have to do either of the above things. Fortunately, my job only requires me to do those things on occasion; in particular, the dreaded end-of-the year Awards Ceremony. It’s bad enough having to speak at one awards ceremony. This year, I had to speak at six awards ceremonies. My nerves were frazzled six different times this week and there may be a glass of wine in my future. Thank goodness I only have one and a half days of teaching before summer break!
Here are my five favorite things from this week…..
1. The flowers.I have made it into June without killing a single plant! This is a small miracle….because there might have been a little neglect involved.
2. Time with my sister. I attended my sister’s appointment with her autoimmune doctor on Monday. I always love a trip to Raleigh! Not only did I get to spend quality time with her, we ate lunch at Mez, a fantastic Mexican restaurant that focuses on healthy Mexican fare. Delicioso!
3. A lunch-time margarita. Wow! As a teacher, we are never able to leave school for lunch. The closest thing to a daytime cocktail is a diet coke from the machine, if the machine decides not to take your money. This was a skinny margarita. Did I mention that, while at the doctor’s office, I had to learn give my sister her shots? I had such conflicting emotions. I was upset because I felt as if I were stabbing her with the needle, but I felt excited that I didn’t pass out. I am very sure that she needed her margarita.
4. A gift with my purchase. Earlier this week, I purchased a fabulous handmade eyeglasses cases from www.simplegirlsews.com. Lisa is, without a doubt, the sweetest person! She sent the cutest flower which I used to adorn my camera strap cover. I feel fancy! The generosity of people always seems to amaze me! I must add, don’t forget to enter the contest for this sunglasses case on my facebook page. You will find the contest rules here!
5. A gift from a student. They say that a gift from the heart is the best gift. It’s true. One of my sweetest art students gifted me with a piece of writing and a beautiful card. Sometimes, with budget restraints and ever-changing teaching requirements, teaching can be difficult. However, I was reminded that teaching is about the kids, nothing else. I will treasure this forever.
Eventhough my nerves were shot and I might have snapped at some people (my husband), I had a great week! Even better, I am looking forward to Fun Friday with Aunt Kathi. For the past few Friday afternoons, I take my nieces and nephew to get ice cream after school. I get to spend a little quality time with them. Here’s a picture from last week’s adventure. How could you not love this freckled-faced boy?
Please share the highlights of your week! I would love to hear them!