Reflecting on the past week, I realized that twice, in the past two weeks, I have found a reason to pop a bottle of champs. I am a big believer in celebrating everything. Or, maybe I just like champagne. Honestly, either reason works for me. Earlier this week, the pool company started digging our pool. We’ve been on a waiting list for weeks, so you can imagine my excitement when my husband took a picture of the guys digging and sent it to school. He knew they were coming and didn’t tell me. For those of you that know my husband, it is rare that he keeps a secret, bless his heart!
This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to visit with my family during our annual family reunion. My Aunt Ann suffers from a disabling autoimmune disease. Although she must struggle, she always has the most uplifting, positive attitude about life. She is such an inspiration! My Aunt Debbie is a caregiver by nature. She is supportive of everyone in her family, always putting others first. I need to be more like her. We have a family full of strong, amazing women!
Here are my favorite five things from this week….
1. My Dehydrator I LOVE this thing! I tried drying mango this week and it was a success. I planned to use it in a salad or trail mix, but I ate all of it. Oops! It took hours to cut and dry. It took minutes to eat. Was it worth it? YES!
2. A Green Pen I need to explain this. My husband attends car auctions nearly everyday. He always brings home black pens. Somehow, the black pens breed until there is an entire drawer full. Just as I do every single morning, I grabbed a pen from the drawer, along with a paper. I sat down to write my “to do” list, and to my surprise, the pen was filled with green ink. Oh, the joy of the unexpected! It’s the small things in life, people! (The pen is now my property.)
3. My Husband’s (almost) Famous Cheviche Ashton made a big batch this week. This is super healthy and very addictive. I eat it on chips, I eat it on salad, I eat it on broiled fish, I just EAT it! It’s the perfect complement to hot weather. (Recipe soon to follow!)
4. My Clinique Chubby Stick These chubby sticks are my favorite thing! The Whoppin’ Watermelon is the perfect color for everyday. I have tried the drug store substitutes, but they just aren’t the same. The color is off and they don’t last nearly as long. Another favorite is my Clinique Glosswear lipgloss. The color, Kissyfit, is a great compliment to the chubby stick. It doesn’t get “gloppy” like the cheaper versions. I did, however, find a drugstore lip liner,Rose Quartz by Rimmel, that works perfectly with the chubby stick and lip gloss. My theory is that you should save a little here, and splurge a little there!
5. Libby’s Artwork Of course, I am a proud Aunt! I love collecting items made by my nieces and nephews. This week, Libby “monogrammed” napkins for everyone at the dinner table. Each napkin contained something that expressed the unique qualities of the user. I’m thankful that Libby didn’t draw hairy legs on my napkin as she did on her father’s napkin.
And, by the way, Smokey says “hello” from the bathroom sink. This is his new favorite thing this week.
I always enjoy reflecting on the highlights of my week. Even if i have had the busiest week ever, I feel like I have stopped to smell the roses. What were some of the highlights of your week? I would love for you to share something!